Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hawaii Trip

A couple of months ago, a dear friend of mine passed away and was going to be laid to rest in Hawaii. It was important to me to say goodbye to him and also be there to support my best friend, Faye. I had never been to Hawaii and never wanted my first time to be for a funeral, but my girlfriends and I decided we would make the best of it and enjoys ourselves because he would've wanted it that way. We stayed at my friend Pua's family's house, which she calls "The Jungle." They have all kinds of animals including a pet goat that her brother brought home from another island, who snuck in the bathroom while I was taking a shower and tried to get in the shower with me!! They even had a couple rooster families with little babies that would wake us up way too early every morning. Besides all the mosquitoes, we had a really good time sight seeing and visiting all the places my friend would talk about during his stories about growing up "on da island."

Faye and I
Kanoho and I at Laie Point
All of us girls at Pounders Beach

Opihi the goat

1 comments:

Natalie said...

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lovejayda