Friday, September 19, 2008

Student of the Day

Two weeks into the school year I was getting worried because Jayda started pretending to be sick because she didn't want to go to school. One morning she told me she had a headache, a stomach ache, and her throat hurt. I wasn't buying it because there was one too many symptoms to be believable. I was planning on talking to her teacher the next time I picked her up from school when I came home from work to some exciting news. As I walked in the door Jayda came running and cried out "Guess what Mom, I got Student of the Day!" My jaw dropped and I got tears in my eyes because I was SO proud of her! She proudly showed me her certificate and free coupons that she got for being "Student of the Day." One of the coupons she got was for a free kids meal at Del Taco and she wanted to use it that night so we went there to celebrate her achievement. Since then, Jayda hasn't tried to get out of going to school by pretending to be sick and she seems to be enjoying school a lot more. Keep up the good work Jayda! Momma loves you!



Proudly Posing in a Different Outfit

3 comments:

Blogging to Blog said...

Good job Jayda! Way to go!

Ashleigh said...

That's sooo awesome Jayda! We are so proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Cara said...

Wahoo Jayda!! That is awesome but no surprise, she is such good kid.